1. Mizumori M, A kiba Y, Kaunitz JD. Lubiprostone stimulates duodenal bicarbonate secretion in rats. Dig Dis Sci 2009;54:2063-69.
2. Johanson JF, Morton D, Geenen J, Ueno R. Multicenter, 4-week, double blind, randomized, placebo-controlled trial of Lubiprostone. A locally-acting type-2 chloride channel activator, in patients with chronic constipation. Am J Gastroenterol 2008;103:170-77.
3. Higgins PD and Johanson JF. Epidemiology of constipation in North America: a systemic review. Am J Gastroenterol 2004;99:750-59.
4. Lacy BE and Levy LC. Lubiprostone: a novel treatment for chronic constipation. Clinical interventions in aging 2008;3(2):357-64.
5. Selby W and Corte C. Managing constipation in adults. Australian Prescriber 2010; 33(4):116-19.
6. Lunsford TN and Harris LA. Lubiprostone: evaluation of the newest medication for the treatment of adult women with constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. International journal of womenâ€™s health 2010;2:361-74.
7. Lacy BE and Lebanon NH. Lubiprostone for chronic constipation. Gastroenterology & Hepatology 2006;2(7):483.
8. Carter NJ and Scott LJ. Lubiprostone: in constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Drugs 2009; 69(9):1229-37.
9. Moeser AJ, Nighot PK, Roerig B, Ueno R, Blikslager AT. Comparison of the chloride channel activator lubiprostone and the oral laxative polyethylene glycol 3350 on mucosal barrier repair in ischaemic-injured porcine intestine.World journal of gastroenterology 2008;14(39):6012-17.
10. Barish CF, D rossman D, Johanson JF, Ueno R. Efficacy and Safety of Lubiprostone in patients with chronic constipation.Dig Dis Sci 2010;55:1090-97.
11. Johanson JF and Ueno R. Lubiprostone, a locally acting chloride channel activator, in adult patients with chronic constipation: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, dose-ranging study to evaluate efficacy and safety. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2007;25:1351-61.
12. Johanson JF, Gargano MA, Patchen ML, Ueno R. Multi-centric open label study of Lubiprostone for the treatment of chronic constipation. Am J Gastroenterol 2005;100(9):S331.
13. Johanson JF, Gargano MA, Patchen ML, Ueno R. Phase III, randomized withdrawal study of RU-0211, a novel chloride channel activator for the treatment of constipation. Gastroenterol 2004;126 (4 Suppl 2):S100.
14. Ueno R, Joswick TR, Wahle A. Efficacy and safety of Lubiprostone for the treatment of chronic constipation in males vs. females subjects. Gastroenterol 2006a;130:A322.
15. Johanson JF, Drossman DA, Panas R, Waahle A, Ueno R. Clinical trial: phase 2 study of Lubiprostone for irritable bowel syndrome with constipation. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2008;27:685-96.
16. Drossman DA, Chey WD, Scott C, Panas R, Ueno R. Health-related quality of life in adults with irritable bowel syndrome with constipation: results of combined analysis of two phase 3 studies with Lubiprostone. Gastroenterology 2008;134 (4 suppl 1): A469.
17. Drossman DA, Chey WD, Johanson JF. Clinical trial: Lubiprostone in patients with constipation-associated irritable bowel syndrome-results of two randomized, placebo controlled studies. Aliment Pharmacol Ther 2009;29(3):329